Friday 8 September 2017

ANDREW NEIL : VICTIM OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ?

Oh dear, he we go again.

For many years I've been a regular viewer of the 2 best politics programmes on television, 'The Daily Politics' and 'The Sunday Politics', both usually presented by the country's best political journalist, Andrew Neil. In more recent times, Neil seems to have withdrawn from an increasing number of 'Daily Politics' programmes, often leaving this to the hugely inferior Jo Coburn; this week, he hasn't appeared at all. I now discover that he's given up 'The Sunday Politics' altogether and is to be replaced by a Sarah Smith, presumably the BBC pursuing it's politically correct equality drive.

When I watch a politics programme I want adult political discussion, not politically correct drivel. I don't want to be presented with discussion that centre on so-called equality issues, women's issues, or whether the next statue in Parliament Square should be a man or a woman. Such nonsense is covered by BBC television's version of their radio horror, 'Woman's Hour', the egregious 'Victoria Derbyshire'. Sadly, it now seems that the BBC considers we need more of this tripe and so is to give us more shrill women discussing their knitting, children or whatever else they usually discuss amongst themselves.

To be clear, I have no problem with female presenters but I do have a problem with them being thrust at viewers for the wrong reasons; in the case of the BBC this is an insane determination to meet 'equality targets'. Rather than use the best presenters, they use the most appealing female presenters, which is simply not right.

For me, 'The Sunday Politics' was a must; well presented, serious discussion and an all-in-all top-notch programme. 'The Daily Politics', when Andrew Neil is at the helm, is likewise. While I'm prepared to give Ms Smith a chance, I suspect that 'The Sunday Politics' will soon disappear from my viewing schedule. As for 'The Daily Politics', I watch when Neil is in charge and ignore it otherwise, it simply isn't remotely as good without him.

The lefty-driven Beeb has ruined things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment