Monday 27 October 2014

38 DEGREES

Some time ago, I signed a petition being run by '38 Degrees', though I can no longer remember what it was about. At the time, it seemed like a good idea and an opportunity to highlight an issue which was of importance but which our political masters seemed more than happy to ignore. Ever since, I've received regular messages from the organisation asking me to sign further petitions and also to contribute to their funds.

While a few of the petitions appear worthwhile, many or even most, are leftie rubbish or in aid of people with very specific axes to grind. I now rarely sign anything and the organisation must be in danger of giving itself a poor reputation as a supporter of every crackpot idea that comes up.

Some on called David Babb started this organisation, or so I understand, and one assumes that he now makes a very nice living out of it. Good for him, but what about all the poor fools who no doubt keep sending him their hard earned money ? I think I might start a petition aimed at asking Mr Babb to give them something back.

No comments:

Post a Comment