Sunday 14 July 2013

T-MOBILE HELP LINE - HA, HA !

I am one of the unfortunate people who use T-Mobile. That said, many may be quite happy with their service - I am not.
 
Having been with T-Mobile for several years with no problems, ever since their conversion to the esoteric-sounding 'EE' I've had nothing but problems. My signal strength is now low to non-existent and, today, it has disappeared altogether. The only message I get when trying to use my 'phone is 'No Service'.
 
I've tried contacting T-Mobile though their website has to be one of the most useless available anywhere. There is a huge mess of confusion between T-Mobile, Orange and 'EE' services and exactly how one is supposed to find who to contact is a mystery. Yes, I can contact them by dialling '150' on my 'phone, but it isn't working, so that's a non-starter. There's no e-mail contact address and the only alternative is a chargeable 0845 number which I refuse to use simply because I see no reason why I should pay to report their problem to them.
 
Fortunately, I have a landline, though that is another story. The wonderful 'SAYNOTO0870' website provided me with an alternative number - 0808 1219999 - which responded with the expected computerised system. After hitting several numbers - 2,1,4,4,1,2 - or whatever the sequence was, I was given a peremptory, 'sorry you have a problem, try again later'. What use is that if I want to make a call now ?
 
This is a company which provides no customer support whatsoever, unless it is for new 'phones, new contracts or upgrades. Reporting problems appears to be something they want no one to do, so they make it impossible. This episode means that they have lost my custom for ever; for me, 'EE' now stands for 'Evade for Ever'. If it costs me to terminate my contract, so be it; £100 well spent as far as I'm concerned. They are useless, hopeless, a waste of space. What more can I add ? Answers please on an e-mail - thank God I don't use T-Mobile for that !

No comments:

Post a Comment